Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)

Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is an ancient medical system that takes a deep understanding of the laws and patterns of nature and applies them to the human body.

I've had a vast interest in TCM for many years but then the Western Medicine took over in the form of surgeries and lots of medication. It is only now almost a year after my last surgery that I am facing the fact that I no longer can take any antibiotics!
The last few times the doctors prescribed antibiotics I went into anaphylactic shock and let me tell you it is not nice!

Anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock is a life-threatening reaction that can affect a number of organs at the same time.  Allergic shock is caused by dilated and "leaky" blood vessels, which result in a drop in blood pressure. 

Some or all of the following symptoms may occur:
  • Hives or reddish discoloration of the skin
  • Nasal congestion
  • Swelling of the throat
  • Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting
  • Shortness of breath, wheezing
  • Low blood pressure or shock
I had all the above symptoms and collapsed which is why I am looking into TCM again now because my anaphylaxis was caused by antibiotics.

So to get myself back to health after a shocking flu season I am looking into TCM to see what I can take to get my immune system back to functioning properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment